The VET Development Centre (VDC) was established in 2005 (as the TAFE Development Centre). It offers services to the entire Victorian VET sector and to undertake projects with both state-wide and national focus.
The Department of Education and Training (DET) has funded the VET Development Centre to deliver professional development programs and services to the sector over the period 2015-17.
The VET Development Centre offers a year-round Professional Learning Program of workshops, webinars and forums. The Program is structured around a VET Capability Framework: pedagogy; professionalism; partnerships; process; and products. Each of these domains emphasises the importance of ‘communities of practice’ scholarly enquiry’, training model design, ‘undertaking market research and analysis’, ‘implementing R&D processes’ and product evaluation, among a raft of other activities.
These programs include:
• Teaching Fellowships Grants (up to $8,000)
• Specialist Scholarships Grants (up to $5,000)
• Indigenous Education Grants (up to $10,000)
• Disability (Improving access) Grants (up to $10,000)
• Innovation in Learning Program (ILeP) (Digital) Grants (up to $20,000)
• Workforce Capability Building Grants (up to $20,000)
Geographical and Contact details
478 Albert Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002
Phone: 1300 917 150
Last modifiedThursday, 15 September 2016